Monday, May 2, 2011

The Exam

(Algernon, McMurphy, and Clive crowd around me to watch me take my A.P. test and want to talk to me, but clearly I am busy)
Clive: "'Look, can [we] come back in half an hour?'" (McEwan 156)
McMurphy: "'do I look like a sane man?'" (Kesey 47)
Clive: "'is [he] hanging together well? Structurally, I mean'" (McEwan 175)
Algernon: "[he is] the visible personification of absolute perfection" (Wilde 31)
Clive: "'I recently saw [his] name on a list of some very distinguished people'" (McEwan 179)
McMurphy: "'is that real serious?'" (Kesey 47)
Algernon: "I think [he] has been a great success" (Wilde 30)
McMurphy: "'is this the way these leetle meetings usually go?'" (Kesey 57)
Algernon: "there is no use speculating on that subject... [[Clive] puts out his hand to take a sandwich, Algernon at once interferes] Please don't touch the cucumber sandwiches.  They are ordered specially for [Alex]" (Wilde 3)
Clive: "'I'm terribly sorry'" (McEwan 180)
Algernon: "My dear fellow, it isn't easy to [do] anything now-a-days.  There's such a lot of beastly competition about" (Wilde 7)
McMurphy: "'let's get out of here... I ain't scared of their little [test]'" (Kesey 290)

No comments:

Post a Comment